I'm actually quite getting into this sorting out your train tickets on line business. It's like one of those challenges. From originally punching in my mother's train journey from Lincoln to here and it coming up with £53 odd as the cheapest, very restricted return fare, I've managed to get not only hers but two of us to go up to meet her in London on the day she arrives and to accompany her there when she goes back for around £48. Result!>
Southern have got some bargains at the moment if you book in advance and buy on line - you can get to London and back for £3 each way. You can also get a Daysave ticket for £10 which lets you travel anywhere on Southern for a day off-peak. (Don't believe the website when it says you can only buy it on line 7 days in advance - you can get them at the Tourist Info centre in town the day before.)>
Had a generally rewarding weekend: picked up a carpet for my front room for £25, along with the free underlay I was given from a decorating job that I did earlier in the year, so managed to fit that, and in having to remove all the furniture also managed to have a bit of a clear out.>
Got rid of the old carpet really quickly (I love Freecycle) and also acquired a breadmaker. (I love Freecycle...) If only it had instructions. Still, how hard can it be...?>

No comments:
Post a Comment