I've finally submitted my tax return! And waddya know - they owe me £106!>
Won't buy me a new (for "new" read "another second-hand") car though! Mine's terminal :-(>
I don't know whether anyone will read this, but it gives me an outlet for moaning about things ... like not being able to get into plastic packaging, phones that stop ringing as soon as you get down the stairs (unless you took it up with you and just popped down for a minute), misplaced apostrophes ... etc etc Please feel free to add your own irritations and we can all moan together!
Blimey!
ReplyDeleteWell done you....
The most I've ever received from HMRC was a cheque for £7.84. Must have cost them more than that to process it.
I've never banked it and have occasionally thought of getting it framed.
Could have sworn I'd already posted this reply ...
ReplyDeleteI have on my notice board a Giro for 20p from when I claimed in Hull in 1990. It seemed to be worth more as a souvenir than as cash!